Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Weekend with Daddy

I had the wonderful privilege of going on a women's retreat with ladies from Cornerstone. I will blog more about the awesome time I had later. I knew the kids would have a great time with Daddy and I wasn't worried a bit. What surprised me was there were no tears when I left the house Friday night. The kids love time with Michael but they spend A LOT OF TIME with me so it's always a little sad when I go somewhere. Michael had been planning with them fun things they were going to do together all week. So when it came time for kisses and hugs they said goodbye and went on playing, NO TEARS! That was the best gift ever. I loved seeing smiles on their faces and excitement about time with Michael!
They have been calling me Daddy when they need something and its all about doing everything with him right now. So last night Ellie (Blake fell asleep early) put Blake's spiderman suit on and wrestled Mike and then cut his hair.
The conversation was hysterical.


Sibling Love

3 comments:

Ellie said...

That last pic is so cute!

tim|helen|adia|kalanie|rilanna said...

that is awesome....the pics with the spiderman suit! just classic.
excited to hear about your weekend retreat. :)

Stephanie L. said...

The time with dad is so important, isn't it! The girls do the same thing... when they do get some good time with him, they want more. I personally love the 'break'.