Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sweet Words

Early Monday morning Ellie was cuddling with Aunt Katy on the couch.
Ellie: “Remember how Jesus died on the cross for us?”
Katy: “Yes I do.”
Ellie: “You know he did that to take our sins away?!?”
Katy: “Yes, your right.”
Ellie: “Cause you know….if he didn’t take our sins out then….we wouldn’t have room for food!”

Ellie was setting all her stuffed animals up on the dining room floor. I asked her if she was making a party. She replied very simply, “Nope, they are just praising God.”

I love to hear her talk about God. She may not understand it all or have all the facts but it’s so simple to her. Keeping this in mind while I read my bible today the thing that stood out the most to me was John 15:17, “This is my command: Love each other.” Now that is simple! I wonder why it’s so hard to achieve sometimes.

2 comments:

Wilson Family said...

What precious words! Isn't it great to see God's love begining to take root and grow in their lives!

Elizabeth said...

Such a sweet girl. She has child like faith. I can only hope my kids feel the same about the Lord. :)