Thursday, February 28, 2008

Welcome Home Papa & Nana!

Happy 30th Anniversary Papa & Nana!
Mike’s parents returned late Monday night after celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary in Hawaii! We made signs to welcome them and of course missed the grand welcome we had planned. Their flight landed almost 30 min early. Oh well we made the best of it and brought our signs to the luggage pick-up. They were all smiles and had a beautiful tan…well as much as a Miller can tan that is (me included)!
Welcome back – We love you!
They brought over some gifts for the kids. Blake totally loves the new guitar. He has blessed us with many songs already. Ellie got a REAL grass skirt and coconut shells – too cute! There is more to this story look below….

20 years ago my parents went to Hawaii and brought back two grass skirts and only one pair of coconut shells. Guess who got them….YES MY SISTER KATY! I got the cotton floral top. Yes I should have been thankful but I was so jealous! I wish I could find the picture of us wearing them. My eyes were so puffy from crying and my sister has a smug little smile on her face. Needless to say we still tease each other about the whole thing. As you can imagine when Katy came over that day to find a replica of the famous grass skirt and coconut shells she had to try it on. I know this is probably a sister moment that only we laugh so hard at until tears are streaming down our faces and our sides hurt but I had to share. Check out these pictures!

After she tried it on the skirt fell off and the shells busted apart. Older sister/mommy to the rescue – all fixed!


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Thats too funny! Loved the story, reminds me of my sister and me. :)